CLO 1

Acknowledge your and others’ range of linguistic differences as resources, and draw on those resources to develop rhetorical sensibility.

During this class I made a lot of research and I learned that different audience should be addressed by using different language. If an engineer write a paper for engineers, then he can use specific terms and have no need to explain them, because the audience will understand what is said clearly. But if we consider a wider audience then there could be trouble, because not everyone is familiar with those terms and they won’t be able to understand what the author is talking about.

A good example is in my technical description. I wrote about Scanditech Precision Screwdriver Set, I described it in details and also explained how to use it. If I considered my audience to be only engineers, then I probably do not even need the how to use part, because it should be obvious for engineers. But I wrote this paper for a wider audience, and for people who have no idea how to use half of the items inside the toolkit. As you can see in Figure 1, I explained how to use those items in details.

(Figure 1)